Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Where Am I?

      I am pretty positive that someone has scooped up Maryville and moved her to Sunny California. It  is a beautiful 59 degrees, the sun is shinning, the sky is blue, and life is great! I am currently sitting on my front porch as I am writing this. The windows in my house are open, there is a nice but slightly chilly breeze, and I am pretty sure I am not in Missouri anymore.
    I called my Mother just to make sure...but it turns out it's not just Maryville...it is just as beautiful back in Nebraska. After I got over the slight sadness the occurred when I realized I was not transplanted to  California, I have really decided to live it up today! My best friend and I are going on a bike ride around town and I can not wait! I got a beautiful new bike for Christmas and it is nice to get a chance to use it! We are also planning on baking my new favorite food! The most amazing Ginger Cupcakes with the best Cream Cheese frosting I have ever had! (And I don't like frosting)
So Yummy! 
(Side note if you want the recipe's check out my Pinterest!)

     Goodness with weather like this, I can handle winters in the midwest! But, oh how I miss Cali! I realized that I have not written at all about my resent venture to California. I know lame. It was an amazing trip! I went with my parents and my baby sister Lucia!  The weather was like that of today...only everyday!
     We stayed in La Jolla, a downtown area of San Diego.  We could see the ocean from our room, and were just a short walk away from a beach where a bunch of sea lions lived!
They were practically in our front yard! 

It was absolutely amazing! Well it's time for me to get ready for my bike ride! More on Cali later! Remember to stop and smell the flowers! 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well :). It occurred to me a few weeks ago that you would be bouncing between both coasts in a matter of a week or so. That must have been interesting. Looking forward to hearing more on California.

    ReplyDelete