Thursday, January 26, 2012

Here We Go!

I probably should have started this a week ago. I thought about it but I just could not think of a name! I think adventures of a wildflower is perfect. I love wildflowers! Some people may think them weeds but if you give them fresh air, sunshine, and water they will not only grow but thrive!
See they are soo pretty! 

I feel a sort of kinship with wildflowers. That sounds corny but hey I'm a corny sort of girl.

As for the adventure part- this year is not yet a month old but it has brought about quite the number of adventures!
Last week was San Diego California!

 This week it is Baltimore Maryland and the FOCUS leadership summit!
For the weekend I am a Bradley student. My cousin is a missionary at Bradley so was able to get me into the summit even though FOCUS is not at my school.
I started this adventure with a six hour drive to Peoria Illinois. The drive was mostly uneventful apart from an encounter with a mean and angry gas pump. Normally when you fill you car up with gas once the tank is full the pump stops. That however was not the case this time. I ended up covered in gas and poor Kevin (my PT Cruiser) still smells of the stuff!! Moral of the story- watch diligently when feeding your car!
This adventure has been less then 24 hours thus far but I have already been floored by the beauty all around me. Did you know there are parts of Iowa that are truly beautiful? I promise you they do exist!
We are now in West Virginia and I am awestruck! It looks like a Christmas card here! Every tree is perfectly dusted with snow as if a master painter came in and hand-painted each one! Oh right...that is what happened!
Well of you have made it this far I applaud you...this is quite a bit for a first post. Now that you have been sufficiently bored I will leave you with this...
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart! Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the LORD in everything that you do and he will show you the way!" - Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment