Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back In The Ville

Here I am back in Missouri and goodness what it took to get back here! On the trip back to Peoria we had an interesting adventure when we stopped in the quaint town of Friendsville...yes I am serious that was the name of the town.
It looked like a beautiful little with about one house a barn and a gas station. We went into the gas station and to our surprise found quite a large range of biker apparel. There were leather jackets, inappropriate t-shirts, and a lot of skulls and flames...defiantly not what we expected in a town named Friendsville. We went to go use the bathrooms but there was no soap so one of the girls went to the front counter to let them know the women's bathroom was out. She was informed that they never keep soap in the women's bathroom because it got STOLLEN on all the time.
Moral of the story- don't judge a town by it's name. You never know it could be full of soap stealing biker chicks.
I spent the night in Peoria before making the six hour drive to Missouri. It was fun to have a little bit of time to hang out just me and my cousin, that does not happen a lot! The trip back took a bit longer then expected because I kept stopping to take pictures of the sun set!
Life is as crazy as ever in the ville, but I am staying in town a whole week and a half, which will give me the small amount of time I need to get organised and cought up on all my work!
Well I think it's time for bed... I will leave you with this...
"I am your God. I made you and will care for you; I will give you help and rescue you!" - Isaiah 46:4 (thanks to my girl Jos for sending this verse to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment